The Bishop and his departments employ a range of specialists in many different areas. Similarly, our parishes employ staff for administrative and other purposes. If you would like to place a relevant employment notice on this website, please contact:
Leader People Support & Development
Catholic Diocese of Auckland
Phone: 360 3009
Social Worker (South Auckland)
Catholic Social Services
Catholic Social Services has a vacancy for a full-time Social Worker based in Otara but covering the wider Auckland Community where required. As a faith-based professional service Catholic Social Services provides social work, counselling, out-reach and support to individual people and families.
The key function of the role is to assist families and individuals in difficulty and at risk by the provision of generic social services, and respond to referrals to the agency including family violence referrals. Networking and collaboration both within the team and the community is an important objective.
Applicants must have:
- A Social Work qualification that is recognised by the New Zealand Association of Social Workers Registration Board.
- Registered with the New Zealand Association of Social Workers Registration Board.
- Proven experience in social work with Pacifica families.
- Experience of working in the area of domestic violence in the community.
- Experience in working alongside multicultural communities, especially Maori and Pacific Island.
- A full clean driver’s license.
- Empathy with and commitment to upholding the values of the Catholic Church would be an advantage
For further information on Catholic Social Services, please visit their website www.cssauckland.org.nz.
Please send a cover letter, application form and CV to Leanne Killgour, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 20 July 2018.
Catholic Diocese of Auckland
Leader Parish and Pastoral Services Group
The Catholic Diocese of Auckland seeks an experienced proactive committed person to lead and co-ordinate the Parish and Pastoral Services Group comprising of Deaf Ministry, Evangelisation, Justice & Peace, Liturgy, Marriage & Family, Religious Educations, Youth & Young Adult Ministries.
This role sits within the Leadership Team of the Diocese and will lead the Pastoral Services Group in the provision of pastoral services to Parishes and communities and develop a comprehensive engagement strategy with Parishes and communities to ensure clarity on their needs.
This is a unique opportunity to assist in the growth of a multi-faceted changing organisation and to play a key role in shaping the future of the Catholic Diocese of Auckland.
You will need to be committed to the ministry of the Catholic Church with an understanding of its teachings and the Auckland Diocesan structures. You will be a people leader who has extensive management experience and strong capabilities in planning, goal setting and evaluation. It is essential that you are able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and are able to relate, work and communicate effectively and warmly with others.
A qualification in Theology or Religious Education is desired. Some theological formation is essential, if a degree is not held.
This is a full time position of 40 hours a week.
Please send cover letter, CV and application form to Leanne Killgour, Human Resources Manager, email: email@example.com.
Applications close midday Friday 27 July 2018
Full Time – Fixed Term
The Catholic Diocese of Auckland is seeking to recruit a proactive and committed Archivist, initially for a 6 month fixed term period, with the possible option to extend.
While our Archives Manager undertakes a special project, this role provides an exciting opportunity to manage and utilise our Archive Collection along with developing and implementing digital archival management including accession, transfer, cataloging and preservation of digital resources, both current and historical.
The Diocese’s archival holdings are diverse and range from paintings, religious museum artefacts, historical liturgical books to church papers/documents pertaining to the running of the Diocese of Auckland.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant degree, preferably with a research component, with a tertiary postgraduate qualification in Archives, Records or Information Management
- Experience and knowledge of established practice in Archives
- Awareness of relevant IT developments, systems and processes
- Knowledge of standards for the care and storage of art and artefacts
- Experience of cataloguing to a high standard
- Self-motivated with sound planning, prioritising and project management skills
- Excellent research capabilities
- Knowledge of operation of museums, libraries, heritage management and information/records management is preferred
Applicants must be New Zealand Residents eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid work permit.
Please send cover letter, application form and CV to Leanne Killgour, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit Controller & Administration
We are seeking an individual with sound credit control skills to undertake this full-time role within the Diocesan Centre Finance team, located at St Marys Bay, Auckland.
The position is to provide credit control and administration support to the Revenue Manager for the collection of attendance dues for schools in the Catholic Diocese of Auckland.
Key Tasks include:
- Collection of compulsory school attendance dues
- Contact with school parents via outbound phone calls
- Follow up of unpaid accounts
- Debtor ledger management
Applicants should have previous credit control experience, good organisational skills with strong attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills and be a team player with integrity and dependability.
The ability to speak Samoan and or Tongan would be advantageous, but not essential.
Empathy with and commitment to upholding the values of the Catholic Church would be an advantage.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand, need apply.
Please send a cover letter and CV to Leanne Killgour, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com.
Applications Close 13 August 2018.