The Aotearoa Catholic Youth Festival is to take place in Auckland on the weekend of 2-3 December 2017. It is hosted by the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference and is intended to be an opportunity of encounter with God, the Church and hundreds of friends. The Festival will be a vehicle for bishops and church leaders to engage with young people, hearing from them how they see their world today.
The biggest Catholic name in global contemporary Christian music – Matt Maher will be there at the festival.
The Auckland Catholic Youth Ministry (ACYM) team has sent out an update to leaders in the Auckland Diocese that highlights some other exciting initiatives, including the festival. See
Registrations for the event will open on 15 July.
A number of exciting initiatives are planned for Auckland.
- World Youth Day Auckland | 15 and 16 July
- National survey of young people | 23 July to 31 August
- You Are Called | 20 August
- National Youth Festival | Matt Maher is coming to Auckland!! | 2 & 3 December
- Auckland Diocesan Youth Synod | April 2018
See also http://www.catholicyouthfestival.nz/