The Easter Story
Easter is a major part of God’s big plan. It shows us how much Jesus loves us and it is one of the most exciting parts of God’s story. You can find reference to Easter in the Bible in Mark 14 – 16 and John 13 – 21) for further reading.
You can watch this short video that tells part of God’s Story – Easter.
50 Days of Celebration
Easter the wonderful 50 day celebration of new life, of the resurrection of Jesus. Download the crossword and 50 days activity to do as a family.
Download File (Easter Crossword)
Download File (Easter Eggs)
Pray an Easter Prayer together
Through the resurrection of Jesus
God has redeemed us and made us his children.
May God bless us with joy.
Our Redeemer has given us lasting freedom.
May we inherit everlasting life.
By faith, we rose with Jesus in baptism.
May our lives be holy,
so that we will be united with Jesus for ever.
May almighty God bless us,
the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Children (and adults) love to cook and eat. This provides a simple opportunity to tell children the story of the Resurrection as they bake and eat.
- Sheet of flaky pastry cut into crescents
- 8 large marshmallows
- Melted butter
- Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb.
- Each child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ.
- Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial.
- Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow.
- Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (Otherwise the marshmallow will ooze out of the seams)
- Bake according to pastry package directions.
- Break open the tomb and the body of Christ is no longer there!!
- Celebrate God’s love!