My fourth priority is communication. With the rapid growth of the new technologies we have the opportunity to assess what are the best communication strategies for us to succeed in proclaiming the Good News .
We will review our communication processes to identify the infra-structures required to make us ‘fit’ for mission technologically as well as in the other ways.
A FaceBook page created to support the use of New Media for Ministry in the Diocese. Hints and tricks as well as informative links are posted regularly.
Find us Fit with New Media, join us, ask questions, share good practice and ideas. Like us
Why be Fit with New Media?
- Overall participation with Church life is dropping.
- Evangelisation and catechesis are a result of relationships.
- Today a significant amount of time and energy is spent in building relationships through on-line mediums.
- If we are to relate to people and invite them into a relationship with Jesus we need to meet them where they are… we need to connect.
- We cannot ignore the power of on-line connections
Tips for Using New Media confidently
Following the Fit for Mission: Using New Media Confidently seminar these tips were put together to help people engage with new ways of evangelizing, of being on mission.
- We are building connections – relationships. One bread…one body…one community.
- New Media is the tool – not the message.
- Technology and New Media give us the means to express the Good News in today’s world.
- If we use new media wisely we will create, and grow real relationships.
We have a product which is extrodinary and we have to get our act together to bring it to as many people as possible. The way we [communicate] things at times is a total disaster and we have to be humble and say, ‘we need to do better’.
Bishop Charles Scicluna of Malta