The Youth Advisory Council exists:
- To assist the Bishop in determining the vision and strategic direction for youth and young adult ministry in the Auckland Diocese
- To provide advice for the future structure and functioning of youth ministry within the Diocese
- To provide input into determining the services to be provided by any groups contracted to provide youth ministry services
- To provide feedback to contracted groups via meetings.
- To provide advice for future World Youth Day planning
- To provide advice for Diocesan wide events
The Council meets monthly February to December, usually on the second Tuesday of the month.
Current members of the Council are shown below.
|Northland||Fr Joe Savesi|
|North Shore||Andrew Macdonald|
|Central||Fia Iasinta and Dwain Quadros|
|Ethnic communities||Maria Vai (Tongan Community) and Bernadette Ah-Voa (Samoan Community)|
|Diocesan Pastoral Council||Mark Peji (CFC Youth for Christ)|
|Diocesan Staff||Pat Lythe (Chair) and Teresa McNamara (ACYM Leader)|