Outreach is a group that provide opportunity for young people to share their faith through service and at the same time connect with other young Catholics for spiritual nourishment, group community service activities and social events. The most important thing we ask of our volunteers is that they be responsible participants in the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community.
The search is on for volunteers who are committed to living out their faith every day alongside other young people and in our wider community. Our volunteers must be people interested in sharing their gifts. Some will be keen to learn more about things they don’t know, others will challenge themselves to step outside their comfort zone in order to help others and to support them to grow in their every day faith. The more you put in the more you will get back! We have two meetings a month – one on a weekday evening and a service experience on a weekend.
There are two key ways that you can volunteer:
- Join our talent bank and we’ll do our best to match you up with an individual or charity that will really benefit from your help.
- Join our ACYM Volunteer group to get involved in activities for young people across the Auckland Diocese.
There are also regular opportunities for spiritual nourishment and social time.
We need people who want to help others. Individuals who register as a volunteer may specify gift and talents that they are willing to share. ACYM will provide a matching service, so if an organisation or individual needed some assistance they could get in contact with us and we would let our volunteers know of the request. Here’s three examples to get you thinking …
One: Charity A needs help creating a budgeting template in Excel. ACYM matches them up with Volunteer M who has those skills.
Two: Charity B has a number of Mums who are unfit. ACYM matches them up with Volunteer K who loves to teach dance and zumba!
Three: Elderly lady C needs someone local to take her to the supermarket once a week. ACYM matches her up with Volunteer D who is happy to commit to an ongoing service project like this.
Sound like you? Register below and include any talents/gifts that you would be willing to share. If we get a request where we don’t have any obvious matches we will send an email out to all registered volunteers in the hope that somebody will be able to help.
We need people who are able to help the ACYM team with planning and running liturgies, retreats, programmes, service projects and other events like the WYD Auckland Experience. Volunteers choose when and what they volunteer for. Now’s the time to get involved and share your talents!
In 2016 we will be looking for volunteers:
• to help lead the Explore Summer Retreat in Northland in January
• to be part of an ACYM band that plays at events across Auckland and leads regular praise and worship
• to be on the ACYM delivery team for regional gatherings of young people
• be guest presenters for the Introduction to Youth Ministry programme (ahhh yes, experience as a youth ministry leader would be a help for this one!)
• aged 25 and over to help lead leadership development programmes and to mentor young leaders
• to plan and deliver the WYD Auckland Experience over the weekend of 30 and 31 July
Sound like you? Please fill out our registration form below and tell us how you would like to volunteer. You can find out about the standards for volunteers in ministry by clicking here.