On the third day he rose again from the dead.
Watch the video and ponder the questions. Share your responses with friends or the group.
Questions to Ponder
- Meditate on Luke 24:1-12.
- What words or phrases strike you as you hear the account?
- What feelings emerge for you as you hear the account?
- What did you hear, read, see, in the stimulus material?
- What excited you?
- What confirmed something for you?
- What questions are raised for you?
- How would you explain the Resurrection to someone who didn’t believe in Jesus?
- How does the Resurrection of Jesus change the way you deal with confusion, fear and disappointment in your own life?
- How does belief in the Resurrection influence your life as a Christian?
What difference does the Resurrection make in your life?
Points to consider:
- The Life, Death and Resurrection Mystery is the central event of our Faith.
- The Sacraments are an extension of the Paschal Mystery.
- The resurrection of Christ is the crowning of our Faith.
- Resurrection is not resuscitation, the reviving a dead body nor were the resurrection appearances those of a spirit. Literally Jesus resurrection was the raising of a dead body to life.
- The Good News of risen Lord is death is not the end of life. Christians know that there is life after death and live their lives mindful of this reality.
- Jesus’ life and death can only be understood in light of the resurrection.