Greetings, Tena koutou katoa, Mālō e lelei, Talofalava, Maligayang pagdating, Welcome!
What Is Wings – Formally Walk By Faith?
This Faith Formation programme (Wings- Ngā Parirau ) aspires to build confidence in people to be active in the life and Mission of the Church in the 21st century by fostering personal and spiritual formation,
deepening understanding of Church teaching and Scripture and integrating this with faith and life experience.
It is a journey of reflection on life, and understanding of the Catholic faith, through reading, group discussion, prayer and pondering the Scriptures.
As people of faith we believe that God is present with us as we seek to find deeper meaning and purpose in our lives. Christ calls us to Come, follow Him.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Aims of the Wings – Ngā Parirau Programme
|• Explore what it means to be Catholic in the 21st century|
• Increase one’s understanding of the Church’s teachings and how to integrate these into life.
• Deepen awareness of encountering God in our lives, in others, and in the world.
• Strengthen personal relationship with Jesus and develop a commitment to discipleship through prayer and through Scripture in Lectio Divina.
• Grow in self-awareness and appreciation of our spiritual lives.
• Develop skills in Scripture reading, journaling, reflecting, working within a parish group, and practising a variety of prayer styles.
• Serve others, carrying out Jesus’ mission of building up the reign of God on earth.
The Programme may be completed in three years:
A ‘formative’ year
• reflection on the participants’ life and faith journey
• focus on relationship with God-grace, prayer
• the Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures)
• New Testament
An ‘informative’ year
• New Testament – focus on Jesus’ life, mission, death and resurrection
• Trinity, Holy Spirit, Sacraments, Mary, communion of saints
• Vatican II and after
• Catholic Church in Aotearoa NZ today
A ‘transformative’ year
• explores the Church and its Mission with an emphasis on Catholic Social Teaching.
• Participants lead a project using new knowledge and skills for the benefit of their community
Want to know more – please contact our Wings Coordinator Dianna Fouhy