Watch this video: an invitation from Bishop Pat to attend safeguarding seminars.
ARVE Error: Mode: lazyload not available (ARVE Pro not active?), switching to normal mode
Safeguarding is a part of the Formation process, as per the requirements of the National Office for Professional Standards.
Attending safeguarding workshops is mandatory for all those who work with children, youth and vulnerable adults. If you are a involved in ministry as a volunteer/worker in any of your parish or ethnic communities, you need to complete the safeguarding requirements. You could be involved in any of the following ministries/roles:
- Altar Server Trainers
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- Choir Leaders – where children are included in the general choir and for children’s choir
- Crèche helpers
- Ministers of Holy Communion to the sick and housebound
- Pastoral Visitor
- Parent Helpers / Chaperons on camps
- Parish visitors (Legion of Mary etc)
- Prison ministry teams and visitors
- RCIA Catechists
- Sacramental Preparation Catechists/Leader/Co-ordinator
- Sunday School Teachers
- Youth Ministry Leaders
- Those involved in other pastoral work involving children, youth or vulnerable adults e.g. prayer groups
Safeguarding Workshop One now takes place within your local parish.
Safeguarding Workshop Two is available for those in leadership including Parish Safeguarding Contacts.
Please contact Lisa-May Gray if you would like more information about these workshops. [email protected]
Deaf Community and Pastoral Worker, Rachel Marr
Louisa Rani ARVE Error: Mode: lazyload not available (ARVE Pro not active?), switching to normal mode
Deaf Community and Pastoral Worker, Rachel MarrARVE Error: Mode: lazyload not available (ARVE Pro not active?), switching to normal mode
Safeguarding Workshops for all those working with children, youth and vulnerable adults.
The statements below were shared at our Safeguarding Seminar. You are invited to consider what they say about Safeguarding. These quotes are from a range of practioners, including Pope Francis, based on the Gospel, about why safeguarding is important.[smartslider3 slider=10]