Te Ritenga o te Kupu a te Ariki, mō ngā tamariki - Liturgy of the Word with Children
Liturgy of the Word with Children
A resource page for those who minister in the community by facilitating Children's Liturgy of the Word
The Liturgy of the Word with Children is...
- Is a ritual for the proclamation of God’s Word with Children appropriate to their understanding.
- Is a moment of salvation in which the living God communicates life to God’s children and in which they respond with awe, praise, thanksgiving and petition.
- Is liturgy, and is not Sunday School. Activity sheets can be useful as take home material for family follow-up, but they are not appropriate to be used during a liturgical celebration.
- Is time to hear God’s Word at an appropriate level.
- Is an opportunity to hear the Gospel message and consider how to practice it in life.
The following pdf files can be printed out by leaders on A3 sheets to assist the children to participate fully in the responses and prayers.
Responses to First and Second Readings and to the Gospel
Gospel Acclamation - Ordinary Time
Gospel Acclamation - Ordinary Time with melody line.
Christmas Gospel Acclamation, text and music (2 pages)
Lenten Gospel Acclamation, text and music (2 pages)
Easter Gospel Acclamation, text and music (2 pages)
Christmas Masses with Children - Dramatised Gospel (Luke 2:1-20)
The Gospel Acclamations here come from the Mass setting Mary, Queen of Peace by Maria Guzzo, a New Zealand composer. Maria wrote this setting with children in mind and is happy to give free access to those who wish to use it for Parish or School Masses.
Advent: To download or listen please click here.
Ordinary Time: To download or listen please click here.
Lenten Acclamation: To download or listen please click here.
The Catholic Diocese of Auckland gives permission for this graphic to be copied and used by faith communities including parishes and schools.